July 3, 2014

Happy Birthday Darnell!

IMG_5483


Happy Birthday to my dear friend both on and off of blogland Darnell!
You are just the sweetest and true person who is adored by so many!

If I was in high school again I would wish to sit at the cool table with the popular girl at school Miss Darnell!  I was so happy when Blogger introduced the 'jump to comment' button because my poor scrolling finger would get so tired traveling to the bottom--LOL

Darnell is always there to leave sweet and thoughtful comments on everyone's blogs and she has so often been there for me off camera to check in and see how I am doing and to let me know that if I ever need anything to let her know.  She is a rare gem who always has a laugh for us on her blog and I am so truly thankful to be able to call you--friend!

Bev and Ardyth organized a birthday blog hop for Darnell and Bev is hosting the party HERE and Ardyth is hosting the link up HERE which is staying open for two weeks!  Now since Bev more than covered the cakes for Darnell, I am setting out a tray of Birthday Cake Martini's!  Enjoy your blog hop Darnell and all of the love that is being sent your way! 






tracey_Darnellbday


I used inspiration from The Cutting Edge Challenge #1 for my card. I chose a die cut popsicle and large speech bubble inspired by the large star and sentiment die cuts from the inspiration photo. I also used the sketch from CAS(E) this Sketch #82 when creating Darnell's card.










32 comments :

Barb Ghig said...

Love your fun birthday card, Tracey! The citrus color combo is so pretty, and your Popsicle looks yummy! LOVE your Birthday Cake Martini's, too...I'm sure if she could make it happen, Darnell would be sitting right next to you enjoying one! Such a lovely and thoughtful way to wish her a Happy Birthday!

Lynn said...

Such a fun card for Darnell...love that popsicle!

Kristie Goulet said...

Super fun card, Tracey! Darnell is going to love that popsicle! xo

Kara said...

so cute! love that popscicle!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

so cute
love that popscicle

Maureen Merritt said...

Oh, I love the colors and paper you used Tracey. Great take on the sketch too. Thanks for playing along at CAS(E) this Sketch!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is adorable! I loveeeeeee the Popsicle!! Happy birthday to your friend!!!!

~Tammy~ said...

This is adorable!

Irish Cherokee said...

Very creative card. The Popsicle is amazing. Great birthday card.

Jingle said...

This is super cute! How fun to use the number paper in the popsicle! And I so want one of those drinks! LOL!

Melissa said...

This is so "sweet"! :) LOVE the patterned popsicle...which reminds me! I need to buy more popsicles while in town! Those are a necessity for summer break! :)

Sheri Gilson said...

Super fun and perfect for summer time! Love the yummy Popsicle!

I Card Everyone said...

Just love this birthday card, Tracey... I'd want to sit with you and Darnell, 'cuz you are both pretty darned Cool in my book, and you are just as thoughtful =]
Michele

Annette Allen said...

that ice-cream is so cute.. such a fun card..

Lisa Elton said...

Well now THIS is cute!! She'll love it Tracey ;)

Patti said...

This is so adorable! I just love the numbers nestled inside the Popsicle! Priceless!!

Patti

Kim Heggins said...

Tracey, this is so sweet and just too darn cute! I love, love, love your ice cream, and I am sure Darnell will too.

Marybeth said...

Ha ha Darnell is the one who introduced me to the jump button, I had no idea a long time ago what it was.
Love this fun popsicle card , just too cute for summer.

Happy Dance said...

YUM!!! I sure would like one of those martini's right about now! I think we're going to need a pretty big popular girl's lunch table too... All of us want to sit at Miss D.'s table!! And I sure agree about scrolling down on her blog, lol!! Great card, and I think your popsicles would be delicious dipped in your martinis!! She's going to love this card!! Bev

Deepti said...

Love this fun and colorful card, Popsicles are so yummm :)

Maria said...

So cute and fun! Love that popsicle!

Julia Aston said...

what a lovely tribute to Darnell, Tracey - love this cool popsicle die - how cute!!

Joyce said...

Nothing better than a sweet summer popsicle to help celebrate Darnell's birthday. I know she will love this one.

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Well, how freakin' cute is this?!! Darnell is such a lucky girl to have such talented friends such as yourself - so in love with that popsicle!! Thanks so much for playing with us at The Cutting Edge Challenge - we're so glad you did!! Looking forward to seeing more of your beautiful work!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, I love your super sweet card, Tracey! Fabulous take on the sketch!

donna mikasa said...

Fun take on the sketch, Tracey! Love your paper pieced popsicle!

Darnell said...

Aah, Tracey, right back at you girlfriend! I love you, too! Thank you so much for your sweet words and for this very delightful fresh and summery Popsicle card!! I love it! I think it rocks these challenges, too!! Thank you for joining in my surprise linky party at Ardyth's!!

I hope you guys had a wonderful 4th and are enjoying the weekend!! Mwah!! Darnell

Darnell said...

Oops, sorry, me again. I forgot to grab these drinks! Thanks!!

Anita in France said...

This is so fun and so sweet, Tracey ... and those birthday martini's for Darnell look yummy! What a lovely tribute for such a special friend! Anita :)

Sherrie M. said...

What a great card for Darnell! Perfect adaptation for all those challenges.

Jeanne J. said...

Wonderful card for Darnell - love the numbered paper inside the popsicles - very clever!!

cm said...

And if I were in high school, I'd want to plant myself with Darnell and you, too! Fabulous card that I knew she'd love when I first saw it! Fun, fresh and fantastic!
Hugs~c