January 13, 2016

CCC #180 - Take Two

IMG_9461




When I created my card for CASology this week I created two. The first one using subtle ink sponging and on the second card I watercoloured the background.  The watercolour pooled up a bit too much at the top of the card base and even though I used a paper towel to blot it, I wasn`t as happy with it once dried as the first card.  I wanted to share both cards with you so that you could see the difference between sponging and watercolouring on the exact same design.


tracey_Take2

Sponging--

tracey_CCC#180

I hope you come over to CSAology this week and show us your version of OPEN.

20 comments :

Unknown said...

I love both versions! So very pretty and those snow flakes are just striking!

Shelly said...

I think the watercolor looks great!! Both are beautiful cards!

Barb said...

I love this beautiful card, Tracey!

TK said...

Ohhhh, I like both, maybe even a tad more on the watercolor! They are both precious.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Soooooooooo beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa Elton said...

So pretty Tracey, love the background!

Teresa Doyle said...

Beautiful!

Pam said...

Love them both! Great backgrounds with both techniques.

Anita in France said...

It's lovely to see them side by side, Tracey ... and amazing to see how using two distinct techniques to add the colour creates such a different feel to each one! They're both gorgeous ... wouldn't want to choose a favourite! Hugs, Anita :)

Kay Miller said...

I actually like your watercolored one a bit better Tracey! So pretty! I even think the pooling up a the top adds visual interest! ;)

Marlena M. said...

Both versions are so pretty~gorgeous snowflakes!

Joyce said...

Very cool to see both designs together, and the water coloring is just as pretty as the sponging.

Kim Heggins said...

I love them both but this one has a bit of a blustery look to it that I just love.

Katie Ann Brooks said...

hey sweeties of ladies, these are both fabulous!

~amy~ said...

super pretty, love that die!

Leigh Penner said...

This is gorgeous, Tracey! I love it!

Cindy C. said...

Wow so gorgeous!

Becca Cruger said...

Ooooo I definitely love the way the watercoloring looks. The sponging is pretty, too, but the watercolor takes it to the next level of striking! Beautiful, Tracey!

maria f. said...

I actually like the watercolored version - that white around the edges is a great design element!

Kim S said...

Fabulous look, either way, with the delicate look of the cut-out snowflakes!