June 27, 2016

Bridal Shower Picnic

.


Sharing a card today that I made for my niece's bridal shower picnic on Sunday! Details and photos at the bottom of this post.

Here is the card I made Lisa for the shower. Not an original design but one inspired by a card I saw online by Sarah Warmington. The arrangement of the elements from Lawn Fawn's Happy Wedding was so perfect I couldn't resist. There are so many talented cardmakers out there that make the Internet a constant source of card making inspiration.



A closer look at the Wink of Stella diamond:


I am also submitting to this week's Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Add Some Shimmer!



Her sister (remember my niece who was married two years ago with the purple hair?) loves Pinterest and bringing it to life. So she planned a fabulous bridal shower picnic which happened in her mother's backyard. Tables decorated with lace tablecloths and white hydrangea arrangements, benches, a big blanket with cushions in the middle of the yard and a fabric pennant across the back fence made if look right out of Pinterest. Orange, Cranberry and Grapefruit Mimosa's, water bottles on ice wrapped in lace and a buffet to build your own box lunch was so much fun!

Put all that together with the hottest day we have had so far this year and the perfect breeze.










Finger sandwiches and wraps, little plastic cups filled with bean salad, quinoa salad, cole slaw and macaroni salad. Little paper cups filled with cut up veggies, olives and mini wrapped cheeses.




Doily lined take out boxes and plastic cutlery wrapped in a napkin and tied with ribbon.


20 comments :

Lynn said...

An adorable card and it looks like the absolute perfect day!

Susi said...

The shower looked so original & fun! I'm sure the Bride-to-Be had a wonderful day (even with this heat we're experiencing). Delightful card, and having the diamond image blinged up was perfect!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeee the card! So sweet! And loving the party pics!!!!!!!

Bobby said...

Darling card, Tracey. That shimmer really shows up. It looks like a fun shower and I love the idea of pillows and blankets. My granddaughter made pennants like that for their graduation open house. I bet she got the idea on Pinterest too.

I Card Everyone said...

Darling, shimmering card, Tracey ... what a wonderful idea for a shower - glad there weren't any of the real kind to spoil what looks like a perfect day!
=]

Jen W. said...

Looks like a fabulous party, Tracey, and I love your sweet card especially the sparkly bling!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, what a sweet card! And what a lovely shower, too!

Shelly said...

Super sweet card, Tracey!
Great photos, too! Looks like a good time! :)

Joyce said...

Adorable card, and what a fun picnic scene.

Maria said...

Wonderful sweet card with the shimmer on the ring! And, awesome photos of the shower...looks like fun!!

Kara Lynne said...

What a lovely picnic shower! I'm sure your niece loved it and I'm sure she loved your sweet, pretty card too! It's adorable!

Unknown said...

What a sweet card!! Love the glitter on the ring!!
& what a gorgeous shower! I love the idea of the picnic boxes!!
Beautiful!

Unknown said...

Your picnic looks out of this world! Love your yard!
Just wanted to tell you I did a watercolor last night for Muse...I loved it but as I was adding the "hello" it/I fell apart. I stamped in Versafine and by accident I covered the sentiment with white instead of clear embossing powder. It looked awful. I couldn't recoup. I tried putting a tag over it...no good. It was so late and I had to toss it. Sorry sometimes it just happens. I loved your card!

Gayatri said...

LOVE your engagement card, Tracey! The sparkle on the diamond is a great touch. Love it. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Add Shimmer Challenge. Gayatri xx

Kim Heggins said...

Simply fabulous card Miss Tracey and what a bridal shower...looks so wonderful.

Nora Noll said...

What a lovely shower. I like the way everything was set up. I am so shower challenged. LOVE your pretty card with the sparkle and shine. So pretty!!

Cat Craig said...

Sweet card, and what an awesome party!

Barb Ghig said...

Such a sweet card, Tracey! I love your color palette and your sparkly diamond ring is so cute! I'm sure your niece loved it, too!
I love the idea of a picnic Bridal Shower...everything is arranged so perfectly...So unique!

Anita in France said...

Sweet and so pretty, Tracey ... love the shine on the diamond! What a fabulous party ... the food, drink, setting, decorations and even the weather look blissful! Hugs, Anita :)

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my goodness, what a perfectly sweet card!! Looks like a terrific shower too!!