June 28, 2016

colourQ #348


Happy Tuesday!
It's time for a new colour palette at the colourQ!



I inked up Concord & 9th's Eat Cake & Celebrate which was one of the first sets I bought from them! I stamped the sentiment in Night of Navy (looks almost black doesn't it) and then I stamped and Copic coloured the candles. My white panel and the two die cut elements were popped up with foam tape for dimension--or maybe because I am a bit obsessed with foam tape! Makes a great masculine birthday card. I finished it off by adding some Wink of Stella on the candle flames!


 
I am also submitting to this week's Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Add Some Shimmer



 Hope to see you play along with us again this week!

17 comments :

Lynn said...

So cute. Love those whimsical candles!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeeeee this! LOVING those candles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bobby said...

Beautiful, Tracey. I love that the candles and sentiment are cut all together as they look great popped up.

Jen W. said...

Love those candles and the sentiment! I may have to break down and go check out the Concord and 9th store... Between these stamps and the ombre inks you might have made this an expensive day for me! ;)

Kim Heggins said...

Such a fun and festive birthday card...I love those fabulous candles, so sweet.

Maria said...

Wonderful birthday card, Tracey! Love the fun candles!!

Kay Miller said...

I want that bathing suit! haha! Seriously though, love your card! Those little candles are so fun!!

Joyce said...

Festive and fabulous. Those candles are so very fun.

Virginia L. said...

Delightful stamping and use of colors, Tracey! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Add Some Shimmer” Challenge! Well done!

Nora Noll said...

Oh this is fabulous!! I LOVE the fun candles. The way you popped them up with the foam tape and the use of the stitching really draws the eyes into them. Beautiful design!!

Cat Craig said...

Super use of the colors Tracey, this is a delightful birthday card.

Annette Allen said...

awesome card.. i love that script on the sentiment.. so fun

Barb Ghig said...

I love your choice of candles and that it pairs so well with the fabulous font on your sentiment! Loving your Wonky Stitched borders, too, Tracey...they're right at the top of my wishlist :)

jenn shurkus said...

such a wicked fun birthday card!!! thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

Jen Mitchell said...

Love this! The candles, the sentiment, and the wonky stitched background are so fun!

Anita in France said...

Cool and crisp and so fun, Tracey ... the wonky stitched border is perfect with those whimsical candles! Hugs, Anita :)

Lisa Elton said...

This is adorable!!